Shuggr (سكر) is an online social network to empower the gay and trans community. We are a start-up and growing rapidly, connecting hundreds of thousands of users every day.
As Marketing Strategist you will accelerate our growth in our Middle Eastern key markets such as Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Turkey.
⭐️ Your role
- Create a marketing plan and sales strategy for our key markets
- Build strategic partnerships with local organizations and businesses
- Act as liaison between local user needs and product development
- Be the go-to expert regarding our key markets
⭐️ Your profile
- Understand the needs of the local gay and transgender community in the Middle East
- Advanced proficiency or native in Arabic and Turkish language
- Entrepreneurial growth mindset with hands-on attitude
- Education and work experience in marketing
- Ability to envision and lead change
- Willingness to own problems and comfort with ambiguity
- Passion for building a product that connects, encourages and inspires people
- Interest in empowering the gay and transgender community
- Commit to at least 20 hours per week
You don't need to be an expert in all of these things, but you should be able to have informed conversations and know how to research what you don't know.
⭐️ Your benefits
- We are a start-up with various new role opportunities emerging as we grow
- We are a globally distributed team, you can work remotely from anywhere
- You start as a freelancer with the possibility to become a future employee
If you know anyone who could be interested in this role, please forward this job ad. If you think you can contribute to our success in another way, feel free to write us.
We're committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome applicants of any gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, race and mental profile.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying