Shuggr (سكر) is an online social network to empower the gay and trans community. We are a start-up and growing rapidly, connecting hundreds of thousands of users every day.
As mobile app developer you will further develop our existing Android (Java) mobile app. With your expertise and understanding of code design you will ensure the best experience for our users.
⭐️ Your role
- Maintain and further development our Android mobile app
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with external data sources, APIs, unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Fixing bugs and improving application responsiveness, quality and performance
- Embrace new technologies and methodologies to improve development efficiency
⭐️ Your profile
- At least mid-level proficient in Java
- Understanding of Android design principles and user interface guidelines
- Familiar working with RESTful APIs, third party libraries and API, cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knowledgeable with performance tuning, threading and on-device storage
- Understanding of code versioning tools (git)
- Experienced in continuous integration (CI) and delivery (CD) for fast paced shipping of high quality code
- Passion for building a product that connects, encourages and inspires people
- Interest in empowering the gay and trans community
- Available at least 20 hours per week
You don't need to be an expert in all of these things, but you should be able to have informed conversations and know how to research what you don't know.
⭐️ Your benefits
- We are a start-up with various new role opportunities emerging as we grow
- We are a globally distributed team, you can work remotely from anywhere
- You start as a freelancer with the possibility to become a future employee
If you know anyone who could be interested in this role, please forward this job ad. If you think you can contribute to our success in another way, feel free to write us.
We're committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome applicants of any gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, race and mental profile.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying